Monday, April 24, 2006

Jazz


The Chandler Jazz Festival happend 21-22Apr2006, in historic downtown Chandler. I went down there two nights in a row. Friday night, I heard some young guys from Mesa Community College (except the guy on bass) who were really entertaining and creative. I got the impression they hadn't been playing together all that long (not sure) but they were all very good at their instruments.

Saturday night, I heard a good band; it turned out that they play their frequently; bandleader goes by "Chops."

So that's jazz two nights in a row. It was a lot of fun, and I enjoyed some good food and wine at the same time (The bands I heard were playing at 98 South wine bar).

The downside is I managed to spend $80 on two dinners. This means I'll be eating peanut butter and jelly all week. But that's just the price of hearing good jazz. You can live like a king on the weekend, if you don't mind living like a peasant during the week. But this does mean no DeFalco's all week, and that hurts. If I'm thrifty enough, maybe I can go on Friday.

One thing that is certain is that I will never resort to Top Raman in an effort to save money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home