Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Are you for real?

I've been meaning for weeks now to tell you about a weird experience.

As I approached the post office, which is at kind of a funny intersection, I was cautious as usual, and it paid off, because a 25-year-old ex-frat-boy in a pickup ran a stop sign and would have hit me if I hadn't stopped (I didn't have a stop sign). The following conversation followed:

Me: beep! (apparently a mistake...)

Arrogant truck guy: [hands in the air and an expression that says, "What?"]

Me: You ran stop sign.

Him: What?

Me: There's a stop sign right there (pointing).

Him: Well if there's a stop sign there, where's it at?

Me: It's right there (pointing).

Him: Well where is it?

Me: It's RIGHT THERE! (I took care to point as directly as possible toward the stop sign which was about 10 yards away).

Him: If it's right there, where is it?

Me: [squinting to make sure I didn't imagine the stop sign]

Him: A lot of staring

Me: Whatever, I don...[interupted]

Him: That's What I Thought!! [drives off]
==========================================
Now what the h*** is that supposed to mean? This story happened months ago, but I didn't post it, because I started thinking I was going crazy, so I drove by and made sure the stop sign was actually there. And it was. So I don't know what arrogant truck guy's problem is, but I'm sure glad he didn't hit me. I hate to think what sort of story he would have come up with for the police/judge.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa said...

That's funny. When that kinda stuff happens to me I'm always too shy to *beep*. I don't want to upset the other guy.

June 22, 2006  
Blogger Allan Friesen said...

Yeah, I usually don't bother. But this one was really kind of close, and I was afraid he'd hit someone else someday...but really it didn't do any good, I think.

June 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home