Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Oh Beautiful...


Yesterday was a great holiday for me! For starters, it was just really relaxing. And in the evening, Dmitry invited his group to his house to watch fireworks, eat good food, drink wine and Russian vodka and celebrate getting a grant from NSF.

But the best part was the huge storm that came through Maricopa County. We finally got rain in Chandler after I-don't-know-how-long. And this morning I was able to walk to Einstein's Bagels for breakfast! I didn't even wear sunglasses. It was just nice out. Like about 80 degrees and pretty humid and cloudy, which, for Phoenix in the summer, is absolutely heaven! I drove to work with the window down this morning. I sat outside with iced coffee and read some computer code I'd printed out. I feel human again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home