Saturday, June 24, 2006

Objectivity


Yesteray, I watched the news, which is usually a mistake. I really just want to see the weather report. But why do that, when I can get it off the internet anyway? They showed a home video of a tornado tearing up some farmland and houses, and they said it was a video of "what appears to be a tornado."

Why do they have to do that? Do they honestly think the video is fake? Do they really think I'm sitting at home, thinking, "Oh! It just APPEARS to be a tornado...Lord knows you can't believe what you see these days...I'm glad those anchors have their heads on straight, or I might just blindly believe this stuff!"

It pisses me off, because they act like they're presenting nothing but the most raw facts possible. They are carefult to say it "appears to be a tornado," while their editors are sitting behind the scenes choosing stories and footage with implications that are in line with what they want their newscast to appear to say.

Morons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home