Friday, May 11, 2007

Squaw Peak

I wasn't getting any exercise. As a result, I felt like I wasn't getting very much exercise. So I decided to start going to the top of Squaw Peak a couple times a week. If I can keep it up over the next couple months, I will probably last all summer. I think in July I'll have to get there at 5 AM for it to be bearable. Anyway, it's a beautiful little hike. Only a little more than a mile each direction, but it climbs about 1200 feet in that time, so it's a good quick workout.



2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Do you feel like you're getting enough exercise now?
Looks like a fun hike.

As for hiking in the Summer in Phoenix, you better get up REAL early -- like maybe May.

May 11, 2007  
Blogger Allan Friesen said...

Good idea. Actually, the high today is supposed to be 105, but I went at 6:00 this morning, and it was really nice. There's a good breeze on top, so it feels good. Temperature when I got down was about 85 or 90.

May 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home